Monday, July 31, 2006

Scientology Volunteer Ministers in Indonesia



I dedicated this blog to the Scientology Volunteer Ministers (VMs) who went to Southeast Asia after the tsunamis in early January 2005. My blog has continued and so have they.

I realized the other day when I was reading through articles on the Volunteer Ministers web site that the reason the Volunteer Ministers disaster relief team was able to respond so quickly after the Java earthquake was because of a VM group in Medan, Indonesia. This is a group of primarily local residents who have taken some training in Scientology techniques and are continuing the work the original disaster relief team started -- making Scientology technology available to the people of the island.

It is terrible that what caused the program to take root in Indonesia was a horrible disaster where so many were killed or badly injured, but I am so glad to see that the VMs are still there!